OPUS - The Open Portal to
Welcome to OPUS!
• Browse and listen to underwater recordings from around the world.
• Discover the sounds of marine life and explore its acoustic environment.
• Just watch this slide show for a moment longer to get a brief intro,
• or click portal to access the portal page directly.
The MAP view
…shows you the locations of available recordings.
• Pan and zoom the map to find recorders of interest to you.
• Select a recorder by clicking it.
• Clicking a recorder takes you to the SPECTROGRAM view.
The SPECTROGRAM view
…visualizes the underwater soundscape as a stack of spectrograms:
annual, monthly, daily, hourly and 10-min.
• Click the „play“ button to listen to the current recording.
• Use the volume und boost sliders to adjust volume.
• Click anywhere in the spectrograms to centre the stack on the new time.